Wednesday 29 February 2012

This is my Fifth and Final Blog Entry.

This is my fifth and final blog entry. I will be disusing the next parts of The AB Guide to Music Theory book that I have read. And also I will be talking about where I want my music career to go in the future and what I want to achieve. So here we go…

Chapter 5 focuses on “The Grouping of Notes and Rests.  Time Values are: 3 (triplet) are written as quavers. 5 (quintuplet), 6 (sextuplet), 7 (septuplet) are written as semiquavers, while 9 (no special name is used) are written as demi-semiquavers. When a time value which would normally divide into 2 is divided into an irregular group of equal notes.
3 notes are written in the values appropriate to 2 of the same kind.
5, 6, 7 notes are written in the values appropriate to 4 of the same kind.
9, 10, 11, 13, 15 notes are written in the values appropriate to 8 of the same kind
And 17, 19 etc. notes are written in the values appropriate to 16 of the same kind
Thus a group of 5 notes in the time of a crotchet uses the values it would if there were only 4 of them, i.e. semiquavers. Similarly, a group of 9 uses the values it would if there were only 8 of them, i.e. demisemiquavers. If they were performed in the time of a minim, however, a group of 5 would be written as quavers and a group of 9 as semiquavers. I mean it’s simple if you think about it.

Chapter 6 all about making sense of “Rhythm: Words, Syncopation. I read this chapter, but I don’t want to spoil the rest of the book for you. Keep on reading and keep on learning as I will be doing so in the future. In school I have started Unit 6, which is working as an ensemble. This course is teaching me valuable aspects of the music industry that will help me and be of great use in my later life. Thank you for reading and see you soon. Hopefully by then I would have become a famous music producer. :) Goodbye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment